The APIC Text and COVID-19
COVID-19 NOTICE: The ongoing COVID-19 pandemic is causing evolving changes in national, state, and local guidelines related to infection prevention and control. While some of our content discusses COVID-19, please note that the APIC Text is intended as a fundamental reference and should not supersede any official guidance from health authorities. Please check with the Centers for Disease Control and your state and local health departments for the most up-to-date guidance on COVID-19.
In an effort to address the global pandemic quickly and responsibly, we are working to add COVID-19 information to certain priority chapters whose subject matter is greatly affected by the novel coronavirus. Sections containing new COVID-19 information are labeled throughout these chapter; the remainder of the chapters have not yet been updated and are current as of the "Published" date at the top of each chapter. The following chapters have received such updates:
(Please note that we are working to fully revise all of the chapters in a major update to the APIC Text, happening 2021 through 2022!)
As an important aside, please note that content in the APIC Text is informational only, and is not intended to supersede any guidance from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, the World Health Organization, or any other organizations or governing bodies regarding COVID-19 or any other infection prevention and control topics. Some important links for COVID-19 specific information may be found below, or at APIC’s COVID-19 webpage.
- Current situation updates
- Guidance for general public
- Clinical testing and treatment information
- Personal Protective Equipment requirements and training resources
- Communication resources
- APIC COVID-19 Fact Sheet
- APIC PPE Do’s and Don’ts infographics for staff education
- COVID-19 updates from APIC President Connie Steed, MSN, RN, CIC, FAPIC
- Outbreak response training resources
- Links to COVID-19 research and publications
- Collection of guidelines for clinicians
- Clinician and patient education resources
If you have any additional ideas about how we can support you, please reach out to us any time at email@example.com. We wish you safety and strength.
Senior Content Manager
APIC Practice Resources