Letters from Editor
The APIC Text and COVID-19
COVID-19 NOTICE: The ongoing COVID-19 pandemic is causing evolving changes in national, state, and local guidelines related to infection prevention and control. While some of our content discusses COVID-19, please note that the APIC Text is intended as a fundamental reference and should not supersede any official guidance from health authorities. Please check with the Centers for Disease Control and your state and local health departments for the most up-to-date guidance on COVID-19.
It's impossible for us to completely understand the strain you're under on the COVID-19 frontlines. We hope you are staying safe and healthy during these intense times, and we thank you for everything you're doing to protect those in your care and the larger community.
If you're not yet a subscriber, we hope you'll take advantage of our offer of free content during the COVID-19 pandemic. We’ve made two of our Chapter Collections, Long-Term Care and Outbreak Preparedness and Response, available for free to everyone through September 30. These Collections comprise 34 chapters from the APIC Text, including several that you may find especially relevant to the current situation, such as Hand Hygiene; Standard Precautions; Cleaning, Disinfection, and Sterilization; and Environmental Services.
How to access the collections:
- If you’re an APIC member: You automatically have access. Simply log in on this page (the APIC Text homepage) with your APIC credentials.
- If you’re not an APIC member: Please take these two steps:
- Sign up for each Collection by clicking the APIC Chapter Collection links on APIC’s COVID-19 webpage and following the ordering instructions., Note: Each Collection has a separate link on the webpage. To access all 34 chapters, please be sure to order both collections. Then,
- Log in on the APIC Text homepage (text.apic.org) to read. To access all 34 chapters, please be sure to sign up for both Collections.
If you need any help troubleshooting your access, please email us at email@example.com.
As an important aside, please note that content in the APIC Text is informational only, and is not intended to supersede any guidance from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, the World Health Organization, or any other organizations or governing bodies regarding COVID-19 or any other infection prevention and control topics. Some important links for COVID-19 specific information may be found below, or at APIC’s COVID-19 webpage.
- Current situation updates
- Guidance for general public
- Clinical testing and treatment information
- Personal Protective Equipment requirements and training resources
- Communication resources
- APIC COVID-19 Fact Sheet
- APIC PPE Do’s and Don’ts infographics for staff education
- COVID-19 updates from APIC President Connie Steed, MSN, RN, CIC, FAPIC
- Outbreak response training resources
- Links to COVID-19 research and publications
- Collection of guidelines for clinicians
- Clinician and patient education resources
If you have any additional ideas about how we can support you, please reach out to us any time at firstname.lastname@example.org. We wish you safety and strength.
Senior Content Manager, APIC Practice Resources